Below is a listing of some helpful resources for mental health. Surprisingly, it can be a challenge to locate a quality therapist (can’t prescribe medications) or psychiatrist ( can prescribe medications). It can be an even bigger challenge to locate one that accepts insurance. Everyone should have access to quality mental health care. I hope you find some of these resources helpful.
As a clinician in the field, I am more than willing to provide assistance where I can. Please email me with any questions!
- www.liveandworkwell.com/public (United Health Care Providers)
- 1-800-LIFENET (24 hour Crisis Hot-line)
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Walk in Psych Clinic at Bellevue in NYC (Great resource for a psych emergency)
- Skype Therapy
- SPOP (Service Program for Older People) (NYC ONLY)
- Blanton Peale (Behavioral Health Clinic, NYC)